Friday, July 08, 2005

The Movie Theater

I went to see The War of the Worlds with Stacey and Drew during their visit to Indiana. After missing the beginning of the 6:20 movie, we decided to go the the 6:50 showing. Alas, I am getting ahead of myself. While walking through the parking lot, we met a nice old lady who seemed to be a bit distressed. She asked if we could help her. We walked over to her to learn that "someone" had stolen her rental car keys from the movie theater, went out to the parking lot, started her car, locked all the doors, but took nothing. Now...you be the judge. At first, I thought perhaps this lady was truly the victim of some rude people. Then we learn a little history. This is the second time - in a few days - that she has had to have the police help her with mysteries of her car. The first was a hit and run accident about a week prior. The same police officer that helped her at the scene of the wreck is the same gentleman that showed up to help her figure out the mystery of the key faeries. While roaming around the car, we notice that the back end is crunched up a little bit. She has no idea what has happened. Someone must have hit her car! Drew points out that perhaps this car would have to be say, oh, 8 feet off the ground for it to impact where the damage was. Again, Bambi- like stares from the woman. Amusing. We leave this woman in the capable hands of Evansville's finest and continue on to the movie. We realize that she arrived at the movie theater, left her car on, went to see a movie then came out to the parking lot confused and forgot any of that had happened. Poor thing.

Now we are caught up with why we missed the 6:20 showing of the movie, yes? yes. We find some seats and are patiently waiting for the previews to start when Jr. says to me, "Drew would like his BJ". I am confused. A. Why is she telling me this? B. Why am I involved at all? So, I say, "What?". Again I hear, "Drew would like his BJ." I'm thinking maybe Drew is in the wrong type of theater. ;) The giggles start as everyone realizes what she implied. Drew wanted his Beef Jerky, which was in my purse, 'cause they don't sell beef jerky at the theater.

Oh, and the movie was Great! Thanks for going with me.

No comments: