Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Coolest Thing Happened

While at work today, a series of storms came rolling through E-ville. In between the first and the second, I went outside to see what I could see. Since the storm was coming from the back side of the building, I had to walk out into the parking lot to see the lightning show. A co-worker and I were watching the lightning getting closer and closer. There were very impressive displays, I must say. So we are standing there watching when a flash of lightning struck so close, I felt it. I was blinded by the flash of light. It seemed that everywhere in my line of vision was lit up. Imagine a camera flash directly in your face multiplied by 1000. Yeah, really bright. WOW!! We said (censored) and went back to the sidewalk. I've never been so close to be struck by lightning. Shortly there after, the fire department showed up two houses away. Apparently the lightning struck that building. Three trucks and the chief came to the scene.

Withing moments of their arrival, all Hell broke loose. The wind and rain went crazy. It started to hail. The rain was coming down so hard, it flooded the street almost immediately. Cars were pulling over in the street 'cause they couldn't see to drive. I've got video. Now I just have to figure out how to put it on here. While video taping, we heard a really loud roaring noise. We decided it could be a tornado or something like it and went back into the store. No tornadoes were reported, but what a noise. Su-weet!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Get yourself an account on YouTube (youtube.com), post the video on youtube, and then post the url to the video here. It'll show up just like my video of Ace sucking his thumb.