Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Most Obnoxious Child in the World

At work yesterday, I got to meet the most obnoxious child in the world. Good times. He was about 3 years old. I am talking to his parents about setting up a tank. Well, mostly his dad, because his mom is chasing him all over the place to keep him out of the water and sumps. He tried to climb in one of the sumps. Not a good idea. He is throwing his toys at the tanks and his mom. She offers no discipline, just retrieves the toys each time and returns them to the child. Anyway, he is running from his mom - again - and runs around his dad into me. To my surprise, he grabs the bottom of the leg of my shorts and raises it as high as he can. Let me just tell you that he, his dad, and his mom saw my underwear with that move. I said, "don't do that" and took my shorts out of his hands. Sheesh! Then the little shit walks around to the other side of me and does it again! Are his parents even trying to control him? NO! So I ask his parents, "Could you please make him stop doing that?". His mom starts chasing him around again to keep him away from me. The kid keeps making a beeline for my shorts at every turn. Finally, after several missed attempts, his mom had to take him outside so he would leave me alone. What kind of children are these people raising? Let's face it, I cannot be the only one he has done that to. He was too well practiced. Not one time did his STUPID mom tell him "no" or "stop it". She just continued to chase him around the store. What fun for a small child. Mom playing "catch me if you can" at every opportunity. I never thought I would have to run away from a three year old to keep him from looking in my shorts. What fine examples of parenting these two were. I swear I could have punted him. (and them)

No comments: