Friday, December 24, 2004

Cats Vs. Birds

As most of you know, I have been stuck in the house for days now. Going a little wacko. However, I have been entertained by the show put on by my two inside kitties. Before I tell you more, let me say that with the quantity of snow we received, the top of the snow is just under the sliding glass doors. My cats favorite place to lay is in front of these two sliding glass doors.

The birds outside have no trouble walking on top of the snow. So, the kitties are eyeball to eyeball with the greatest toys they have ever seen. However, there is the problem of the glass doors. These two cats have jumped up the doors and have repeatedly smacked their heads into the doors trying to get the birds. They have knocked each other over trying to get the first bird. They have stepped on each other and rolled over the top of each other. It is one of the most amusing things I have seen in a long time. Don't think I'm mean. I felt bad the first few times they did it but now we are up to round 60 and I can't feel much sympathy. They could stop doing it. But, no, they are cats. The birds have realized that the cats are no threat, so they are nesting right up against the house. (two inches from kitty eyeballs) I figure they are either going to get bored with it or knock themselves out. Either way, it has been very entertaining for me.

No comments: