Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I Hate Alabama: Part 2

After our outlandish time on the bridge, we were ready to go to sleep. We knew we were only a few miles from the hotel where we had reservations. Whew! We get to the Day's Inn only to be told that they have given our room away. They don't want to see any of the paperwork we have showing that we are supposed to have a room. They don't care if we have a confirmation number or not. They are full and refuse to honor our reservation. Remember that folks. So here we are dog tired and no where to sleep. Oh, did I mention it was Easter weekend and Spring Break for most people and every hotel within miles was booked? Ah, yes, indeed. We had to drive another 200 - count 'em 200 - miles to find a room somewhere. That ended up being at a state park in the middle of no where at 8:00 am. We had to check out at 11:00 am. They were kind enough to give us a late check-out time of 12:00 and a discount. So, I have learned not to book a room at the Day's Inn. I have also learned that I need to start driving to Florida via Georgia or Mississippi. LOL.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

LOL - okay, your last entry HORRIFIED me, but this one was kinda funny. More with the funny, less with the horrifying the stepdaughter. Mmkay?

Oh, and all this crap is your punishment for not taking a tiny little detour to visit me and see my house. :P

Love, Junior

Anonymous said...

Oh Minnie,that is so scary, next time can you fly????
love mums