Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Interview This

Someone interviews me, I answer the questions on my blog, and then I offer to interview someone else (or several someones) and the process repeats. So, if you want to get interview questions from me, leave me a comment that reads "interview me" and I'll post your questions on my Blog. These questions were put to me by my favorite son-in-law, Drew.



Question #1: Judging by your movie and book collection, you seem to like a lot of science fiction and horror... how do you think this is affected your outlook on life today?

I have always enjoyed these types of books and movies. They are a nice fantasy away from the pressures of the real world. I realize that the true "boogeyman" is probably your next door neighbor not some freak being from space. I am not afraid of the dark as I know many people to be. I have no problems strolling around outside past sundown. You've been to the house; it's dark out there. So, to answer your question, I think it has affected me only in the way of seeing life for what it is and realizing that fantasy is just that. The true scary things in the world are the quiet guy down the street that ends up being a serial killer, not an alien from outer space.

Question #2: What kind of wisdom did you gain from raising Mrs. Spanky during her important teenage years?

I'm not sure the page is long enough for all the things I learned so I'll reflect on some of the most important things.

1. Never trust a quiet child.
2. A microwave cake can be an amazing gift.
3. Beef Manhattans are always a hit.
4. Unconditional love is only truly learned through a child.
5. A child's smile can make a bad day disappear.
6. Parenting is about letting your child do what you know can hurt them to let them grow, learn, and have fun. (sledding down a hill onto a home made ramp)
7. Never be to busy to play.
8. Always answer any question they have.
9. They are listening to you even when you think they're not.
10. There are many different types of screams. (hurt, excited, boy crazy)
11. Letting your child leave the house with friends - in a car - is the hardest thing you'll ever do.
12. Stuffed animals are forever.
13. Teenage hormones are vicious little beasts.
14. Running through the house can indeed break a toe.
15. Even Doctors are not allowed to hurt our children without consequences.


Question #3: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Underwater Photographer

Question #4: What's the funniest thing you've ever done while "under the influence"? Ever get your name tattooed on your arm?

I have been thinking quite some time about the name tattoo thing. ;) You think "Vicki" or "Victoria" would be best?

I guess the funniest thing I ever did was enter a dirty dance contest with a male friend of mine. The funny part is that we won. Remember, my Mom reads this. ha ha


Question #5: If you could change one law, what would it be?
After just being violated by a seat belt in my friends car, I would have to choose the mandatory seat belt law.

No comments: