Sunday, October 16, 2005

Help Me Please

I need some fantastic virus protection and I have no idea where to start. I get pop-ups so much that it is irritating to be on the internet sometimes. I get viruses a lot that screw up the computer. I need help to pick a good one. I don't care if it's free or not although that would be sweet. What I have now in this regard...

Ad-Aware SE Personal
Microsoft Antispyware
Spyware Blaster
Aluria Security Center
CW Shredder
SurfinGuard Pro
McAfee Virus Scan - just cancelled

I don't understand why...

a. I have all these things listed above but often can't even type a response to an e-mail without getting 4 or 5 pop-ups.
b. viruses are loaded in the computer anyway
c. I have to repeatedly remove these things from the anti-spyware programs (it finds them and I remove them, or quarantine them)
d. it gets so bad after a few days that the computer must be cleaned, rebooted, etc.

Any help anyone can give is appreciated. Please keep in mind if you answer my plea that I know a lot of things about this computer but I am no whiz at it. :)

**While typing this Blog, I got 11 pop-ups!**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Make sure that you're having each of those programs check for updates before you run them. I would also run Spybot Search and Destroy.

If you're looking for some free anti-virus software, I can recommend either AVG Antivirus or Avast Antivirus

If you're still having problems after running updates and then doing a spyware/virus scan and clean, let me know.

Vicki said...

I am running Spybot. I forgot to list it. I have tried to download AVG Antivirus twice now. After about 1 1/2 hours it loads to 75%. Shortly thereafter, it loads to 100% in about two seconds. I click to open or run and it will not. It's as if it is not there. ?????