Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ranting

Today at work, a dilemma occured. My choices were grim. A snail - big one - got caught in one of the outflow pipe of a sump. For those of you unfamiliar with a sump, let me explain. When something get stuck in an outflow pipe, the water is still going somewhere, just not where you want it to go. Usually, the floor. Yes, the floor. These tanks are huge. Hundreds of gallons each. So, I have water going on the floor everywhere. I find myself sitting on a bucket in the middle of three inches of water so I can reach under the tank without becoming electricuted by the power cords that are now "hanging out" in the water. I have a wrench and a screwdriver so I can take the pipe apart to remove the snail. No good. Water still pouring on the floor at an alarming rate. I can't get the fool snail out of the pipe. So now I am hacking away at the shell like a lunatic with the intentions of breaking the shell so it will flow free. In walks someone who has got to be the dumbest person I have ever met. He says, "Can I get 10 gallons of water?" Just like I'm sitting around doing nothing. While my first response was, "Are you F***ing kidding me?", I said, "If you can wait until I'm finished with this." He looks a bit put out with this info. I cannot believe someone honestly thinks a person - me - would let massive quantities of water flow onto the floor so he could get $3 worth of water. What a wanker. I finally got the snail out - rest in peace little fella. I spent the better part of an hour getting the water off the floor. What a day!

No comments: