Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Another Reason to Hate Alabama

Ok, hate may be too strong a word in this case. Never the less, it is a reason to avoid it at all costs. I am driving through Montgomery, Alabama. I pull up to a light - one of many - and what do I see? This charming old lady pulls up next to me in the other turn lane. Please look at what is hanging from her sun visor. That's right...it's a magnifying strip that people use to read with. She was using it TO DRIVE. Yes, to drive. Now, I don't know how the rest of you would feel to see her next to you, but it freaked me out a little. I let her have plenty of space and then got the heck away from her. Can you imagine that no one - like the police - has put a stop to this? Insanity!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

FREAKIN' HORRIFYING. Doggone Bama.

By the way, your comment on David Caruso nearly made me fall out of my chair laughing. Love you!

dyw4ua said...

Hey, I live in Montgomery, and I think that's my Grandma! Not really, but I do live here. Sorry for the scare. I hope I don't get in this lady's path. It's a pretty decent town, by the way.